The “Gelo di mellone” is a typical Sicilian pudding dessert (very popular especially in Palermo) , whose main ingredient is the watermelon, which in Sicilian dialect is called “mellone” or “muluni”.
You can read the story here.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $12.57Was: $13.99
Directions0/0 steps made
- Cut the watermelon into slices, removing the peel and seeds and passing it to obtain a limpid juice.
- Pour the juice into a pot and add the sugar and the sifted starch. Mix the mixture making sure there are no lumps, and add the previously washed jasmine.
- Put the pot on the stove and light the flame over a gentle flame. Stir the mixture continuously with a wooden spoon and bring to a boil. Continue cooking for a few minutes, removing the jasmine.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool. At this point add the cinnamon and chocolate chips, mix and pour the mixture into the molds (those typical of pudding, or cups or glasses).
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped pistachios, sprinkled with cinnamon, a few drops of chocolate and a jasmine to embellish.